Oct 9, 2008

Welcome to Africa


Greetings family and friends!

I arrived in Mombasa yesterday after my flight from Nairobi was delayed for a couple hours due to a fuel pump problem in the plane. Now I am staying at Pastor Lamstone's residence, where he shares a room with his younger brother Stephen - 24.

The room (which shares a toilet and wash area with 3 other adjacent rented rooms) serves as a sort of hub for Lampstone's "boys," five or six others. These guys (all single, mostly mid 20's) come and go for meals and will sometimes sleep here. The room is maybe 15 feet by 15 feet. The bed takes up most of half of the room. Last night I slept on the bed with Stephen while Lampstone and the rest of "the boys" prayed through the night at the church, sleeping for a few hours on the floor. This is common operating procedure for them on many nights. Lampstone doesn't sleep very much. He's always on the go.

(My friend Kipleting cooking dinner)

God is moving powerfully through this ministry, I'll have more stories posted when I get my next chance to visit a cyber-cafe.

Last night I shared at the church's Wednesday night service. I shared about seeking (Proverbs 25:2). Although I wasn't sure I would be able to put something together after traveling (I was very tired), the Lord came through and gave me some good stuff to share; all were blessed.








Thank you for your continued prayers.





Richest Blessings of God from Africa,


Levi

No comments: